Recent studies have shown that certain fruit and vegetable juices may help stall Alzheimer's disease. Polyphenols found in some fruit and vegetables help protect the brain. These Polyphenols prevent the accumulation of beta-amyloid in the brain which causes Alzheimer's disease.
- Pomegranate Juice: Pomegranate Juice is rich in antioxidants including polyphenols such as tannins and anthocyanins. This helps protect the brain against oxidative stress which can lead to Alzheimer's disease.
- Blueberry Juice: Blueberry Juice may slow brain aging.
- Apple Juice: Apple juice may delay Alzheimer's disease.
- Grape Juice: Polyphenols present in the dark grape juice like concord grapes help stall Alzheimer's disease.
- Other juices rich in polyphenols include blackberry juice, cherry juice, cranberry juice, plum juice and strawberry juice.